Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My month in1000 words or less (and a couple of pics)

Wow....I really decided to try this out again at the worst time of this year. What's up you ask?

<
  1. The 3rd week of March my mother obtained a spiral fracture on leg while skiing in Whistler and was brought down to Richmond hospital to have emergency surgery. As of today she is at home but barely moving with two plates in her leg and non weight bearing for 7 weeks. How this affects me: I have become full time caregiver/slave as I am currently not working.
  2. On April 3rd a wonderful colleague of mine while I was working at KidSport,Wendy Ladner-Beaudry, was attacked and murdered in close to UBC. Not only has this senseless act shattered our surrounding community but I think I am still in shock. Although I only met Wendy last year, working with and learning from her was a wonderful experience and I will cherish it in my heart forever. The sport community will miss her spirit and I will miss her bouncing into our office greeting us with "Hello TEAM!" and a smile that would brighten up any room. My only hope is that I can grow to be just half the woman and mother she was...I still miss her.My household has come down with this sticky good-for-nothing, stay-with-you-until-you-go-insane cold. Sadly, I was unable to even do the Sun Run because of it.
  3. The Job hunt has become an all out scavenger hunt, although I am still on the optimistic side I realized late last month that this is the first time since I was a teen I have actively searched for a job. Since then my jobs have pretty much fallen into my lap which is wonderful but I am don't know if that will happen again any time soon.
  4. Its tax season...nuff said!

On a positive note, I have finally started to declutter and organize my house and my schedule is starting to take shape again. Hopefully I will keep this up and inch my way to feeling 100% again.

I am starting to study for my class 4 drivers license which will add another certification to my resume.


I kept Easter the smallest it has ever been...in years past Ty's Easter has looked like this:

This in 2006:
And this in '07:
Last Year was the worst when my best friend and her sister were over and we made Easter cookies, painted over a dozen eggs, and even "tried" to spell out HAPPY EASTER on the Lite Brite. We had fun (and were up to 3am) but this was the final product of a one 4 year old:

So I am proud to say we went small this year and Ty did not complain one bit! He even helped clean the house so the Easter bunny would come in.

I want to spend a next couple of blogs posting about some of the recent books I have been reading....until then CHEERS!

No comments: